On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 23:35:19 GMT, Valerie Peng <valer...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> With Signature class, there is a caveat for EdDSA, the supplied parameters
>> are set but null is being returned when getParameters() is called. This is
>> currently covered by the condition `if the underlying signature
>> implementation supports returning the parameters as {@code
>> AlgorithmParameters}` as the underlying signature does not support
>> AlgorithmParameters for the supplied EdDSAParameterSpec object due to lack
>> of ASN.1 definition.
>
> Besides this Signature-specific condition, there is the common condition
> where provider cannot (or do not) generate default parameter values. {@code
> null} is used as the catch-all result, but as you said, describe various
> conditions tersely and correctly is key.

> > What does it refer to with 'it'? Is 'it' refer to the implementation
> > generated parameter values?
>
> 'It' refers to the parameters containing all of the parameter values
> including the supplied ones and provider-generated ones if any.

The full sentence is, "If the required parameters were not supplied and the
underlying signature implementation can generate the parameter values, it will
be returned."   As there is no supplied value, I think 'it' refer to the
provider-generated ones if any.  As the previous noun is "the parameters
values", I'm not sure if the use of 'it' here is properly.