On Wed, 4 May 2022 04:16:42 GMT, Xue-Lei Andrew Fan <xue...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> How about the case when no parameters are given? Say A is the user-supplied
>> values, B is the provider specific default or random values, your suggestion
>> has A, A+B, and null. Isn't the sentence about B needed (no A and provider
>> can generate the parameters)?
>
> I think this sentence covers case B, "... or may contain additional default
> or random parameter
> values used by the underlying signature implementation."

Sean's comment on the other PR regarding Cipher.getParameters implies
otherwise, i.e. `A few comments:

    I don't think this new text covers the case where the cipher is not
initialized with any parameters, but the provider returns parameters. I tried
to think of how to say that all in one sentence, but I think it is best to have
two sentences covering each case, ex: "If this cipher was not initialized with
parameters, the returned parameters may be null or may be ..." "If this cipher
was initialized with parameters, the returned parameters may be the same or may
be ..."`