On Fri, 13 May 2022 19:35:35 GMT, Valerie Peng <valer...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is to update the method javadoc of
>> java.security.Signature.getParameters() with the missing `@throws
>> UnsupportedOperationException`. In addition, the wording on the returned
>> parameters are updated to match those in Cipher and CipherSpi classes.
>>
>> CSR will be filed later.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Valerie
>
> Valerie Peng has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   fix newline.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/security/Signature.java line 1012:

> 1010:      * values used by the underlying signature scheme. If the required
> 1011:      * parameters were not supplied and can be generated by the
> signature,
> 1012:      * the generated parameters are returned. However, if the signature
> scheme

I think one small addition to the 2nd sentence would help to cover the case
where null is returned if params were not set and the impl does not generate
params (regardless as to whether it supports returning them as
`AlgorithmParameters`): "If the required parameters were not supplied and can
be generated by the signature, the generated parameters are returned; otherwise
`null` is returned."