On Tue, 9 May 2023 12:45:27 GMT, Ferenc Rakoczi <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Implement support for Leighton-Micali Signatures (LMS) as described in RFC
>> 8554. LMS is an approved software signing algorithm for CNSA 2.0, with
>> SHA-256/192 parameters recommended.
>
> Ferenc Rakoczi has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   agreeing with the newest review comments

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/provider/HSS.java line 654:

> 652:     }
> 653:
> 654:     static class HSSPublicKey extends X509Key implements Length {

Is there a significant value in extending `X509Key`? I think that is primarily
to help in the parsing by calling `super()`, but you are not using that. You
could override `toString()`, `getFormat()`, `getEncoded()`, etc and probably
get the same functionality. @wangweij any thoughts on this?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13691#discussion_r1188605020