On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 08:49:18 GMT, Andrey Turbanov <aturba...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> 温绍锦 has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits
>> since the last revision:
>>
>>  - remove duplicate stringSize
>>  - update related comments
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/util/DecimalDigits.java line 201:
>
>> 199:      * @return index of the most significant digit or minus sign, if
>> present
>> 200:      */
>> 201:     public static int getChars(int i, int index, byte[] buf) {
>
> It's unused now. Do we expect usages to be added in following PRs?

These weren't in `java.util.DecimalDigits` but have been copied from
`java.lang.StringLatin1` - part of an unfinished refactoring? There's no
clear-cut answer where these best fits but it seems reasonable to keep them in
`StringLatin1` and `StringUTF16` respectively.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15651#discussion_r1321272245