On Fri, 21 Jun 2024 16:09:49 GMT, Anthony Scarpino <ascarp...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> > Just for knowledge: If the client has multiple PSK Identity previously
> > shared by server and client initiate a PSK resumption of type(psk_dhe_ke)
> > and it receive a HelloRetryRequest from Server, then should client send the
> > same PSK Identity in current ClientHello same as in previous
> > ClientHello(after changing ticket_age and binder value) or it has option to
> > choose any one of remaining unused PSK Identity or let send all unused PSK
> > identities available in 'pre_shared_key' extension?
>
> Looking at the code, it should be the same PSK. I did not change anything in
> this area, so I would expect the same behavior as before. In the existing
> code, given the first CH would take the PSK out of the cache, there would be
> no new PSK for the second CH to change to.

May be i am not clear fully. You mean after HRR, the next CH will go for a Full
Handshake as the existing PSK identity removed from cache before next CH and
after HRR reply? As per RFC. the CH after HRR can use the previous PSK Identity
presented in initial resumption CH but after changing ticket_age and binder
value.
Also would not it nice to send all applicable PSK identity available in client
side in initial resumption CH and take real advantage of having multiple PSK
identity and let server choose one out of it.
Sorry the question may not be practical as i am asking something theoretical
point of view and i am not friendly with TLS code yet.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19465#issuecomment-2183140491