I am in need of some means to detect when our (one) phone line is
being used while any of the family is using the PC, but is not
online (we already have Internet Answering Machine and our phone
co.'s call forwarding to catch attempts to call us when we =are=
on).

Very often someone in the family will take the portable phone
somewhere out of earshot of the person using the computer, =ergo= he
or she is grossly unaware of the true status of the line until Juno,
for example, tells them that it could not detect a dial tone.

I am going on the supposition that should such a means exist, it is
likely in the nature of a small program that can be loaded at
Windoze startup.

TIA

--
BOB