Hi Bob and all, :-)

On Sept. 12th Bob in the great state of New Jersey wrote:

>I am in need of some means to detect when our (one) phone line is
>being used while any of the family is using the PC, but is not
>online (we already have Internet Answering Machine and our phone
>co.'s call forwarding to catch attempts to call us when we =are=
>on).

Ok, I'm late but thanks to the trusty SeeknFind archive:

http://www.mail-archive.com/seeknfind%40ashlists.org/msg01671.html

I found out what I missed.

Sarah is right the 43-443 is your best answer for this problem.  Better yet
it has a new lower price this year of $12.99 rather then $19.99.

http://www.radioshack.com/ProductCatalog/ProductDetail/Index/1,2098,,00.html
?SKUString1=43&SKUString2=443

Note:  The above URL must appear on one line.  Copy & Paste for best
results.

Don't forget to get your free CueCat when you stop in to get it. :-)

Regards,

-Phil