Alan..I said the same thing to my husband (only much meaner)..I even told
him it was like looking for a needle in a haystack!

I went to amazon.com, looked for authors with the name and finance as
subject..and I printed out what I found..if that aint good enough..I'm
gonna tell him to re-write the paper to exclude those references...

and when he gets this dern diploma..I'm ripping it in half and putting half
on MY wall!!

thanks for helping...

On Friday 4/13/01 05:55 AM, Alan S. Harrell got up on a soap box and shouted:
 >On 12 Apr 2001, at 9:23, Cherie wrote:
 >
 >> My husband has written a 20 page report compiled from SEVERAL
 >> different sources (books, magazines, Internet, on and on).  He has a
 >> few references to articles within articles, within articles.  We have
 >> managed to track down most of the people and who they are for the
 >> works cited page..but we can not find these people..can you guys help
 >> us??
 >>
 >> This is a paper on financial ratios, the people we can't find are:
 >>
 >> Batty (1975)
 >> Brocklington (1983)
 >> Horngren (1970)
 >> Parker (1975)
 >> Van Horne (1983)
 >>
 >> I would be forever grateful if someone could point me in the right
 >> direction.
 >
 >Yesterday I began working on this and soon realized I was looking for a
 >needle in a haystack.  I only worked on Batty yesterday.  I think it
 >may be a J Batty or a John Batty to which you refer, but I am not sure.
 >
 >We really could use a little more information.  Do you know the first
 >names of these people?  Can you cite the source where your husband
 >found their names?
 >

 >Alan
 >[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--Cherie--