Hello to Markus and to every respectful developer,
My previous attempt of patch had some bugs, which prevented it from
working properly. Now I've modified it, and it seems to work. I've
tested it on my wiki, though can't be 100% sure that it works exactly
right and in optimal way, because my knowledge of SMW internals is
limited. I hope that Markus can review it, because this feature I need
very much. The patch is now made against latest SMW 1.0.1 downloaded
from SVN, so it probably should easily integrate into current
development. My biggest question is the correctness of my own
setSQLSortOption() method.

I've tried different variants of sort and order parameters, it seems
to work on my wiki.

The patch is much smaller than previous, too, because the old one was
screwed up by incorrect settings in the text editor.
Sincerely,
Dmitriy