OK, I have now finally found some time to integrate multi-property sorting
into SVN, though with major modifications in some parts. The patch was still
very useful in many places.

Changes compared to earlier (patch) implementation:

* Avoid multiple use of the same property tables in SQL queries (the patch
created multiple joins for each sorted property, even if it was already
existing). The patch also introduced a new method in SMWSQLStore that is no
longer needed now. So things are slightly more efficient and generally
shorter.

* Alphabetical order of main result column can be incorporated into sorting by
giving more order statements than sorting properties. Example:
parameters "sort=birthday | order=asc,desc" will sort results by the
property "birthday" (ascending) and order results with the same birthday
reverse alphabetically.

* Special:Ask has changed. It now has multiple sorting inputs, and new input
fields can be added with a dedicated link. This link uses a new message which
still needs translation in most languages. The advantage is that we can again
use the translated selection for choosing the order instead of requiring
people to enter things like "ASC, DESC" in all languages.

* Relevant for developers: SMWQuery now uses a new way of representing sorting
conditions and their order. Instead of having two variables (property name
and order) as before, there is now a single array of format "Property_name"
=> "ASC"/"DESC".

The new features will probably still need testing, and Special:Ask could
probably be improved UI-wise (e.g. you cannot remove sorting condition input
fields).

Cheers,

Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe