Markus:

Now that you mention it, the French word in the script file
SMW_LanguageFr.php for "Property" is "Attribut." And yet I suspect that
what the French mean by the word /propriété/ is /something belonging to
another/ and not something that characterizes another--a thing
possessed, not a thing that describes. In short, /propriété/ is a "false
friend"--a word that looks like a cognate word but is not. I recommend
that the word /attribut/ remain.

Have you an active maintainer for the French language file? If not, and
until you can sign on a native French speaker and writer, I can maintain
it. I had enough French in high school so that when I entered university
I won the right to take an advanced writing-and-speaking course. I am
also the chief--actually, the sole--translator of articles on our own
wiki from English into French.

Temlakos