On 07/09/11 04:10, Mauricio Etchevest wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the answers.
>
> The thing I want to do is perform some semantic refactorings.
> So I need to know wich are all the special annotations that SMW use.
> Your recomendation is to look into the user manual and make a
> compilation of all of them ? Maybe they belong to a category so it´s so
> much easy to look for..
>
> Then I need to modify and update some annotations, so this may be done
> by editing the wiki-text in the page where it´s belonge?

I still do not quite understand "I need to know wich are all the special
annotations that SMW use." Do you mean that you need to know all the
*names of special properties* that SMW uses? Or are you interested in
their *stored values* for a particular page?

A "special property" in SMW is "special" because it has a predefined
datatype and an internal ID. Other than this, the special properties are
just like normal properties. In particular, there is no fixed set of
special properties. Extensions can add their own properties to store
special information that they need. There is a list of currently
registered special properties together with their type, but SMW does not
currently have a method to retrieve this list (it was not needed so
far). You can see the default special properties in
./includes/dataitems/SMW_DI_Property.php in method
initPropertyRegistration() where this list is initialised.

Also note that special properties have an ID and a datatype, but they
may or may not have a user-readable label that can be used in the wiki
(in queries or annotations). Special properties that are not labelled
are used internally to store data that is not directly relevant to the
user. So you cannot find all special properties in the user manual: some
of them are not visible to users at all. The user labels, if any, are
defined in the SMW_Language.php files in ./languages/ and of course they
are different for each language. You can use
SMWDIProperty::findPropertyLabel() to get the label of a special
property in the current wiki language.

Markus