On 5 October 2011 08:21, Yury Katkov <katkov.ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ===on your first issue: ===
>
> It's pretty hard to delete the text related to your semantic property. The
> property  of the page may be from different kinds of sources.
> Suppose we have a property testprop on a page testpage. Where did it come
> from?
>
> 1) maybe someone just have put the [[testprop::value]] on a testpage. Pretty
> easy
> 2) maybe someone called the template
> {{mytemplate
> |param1=value
> }}
>
> and mytemplate looks like that:
>
> [[testprop::{{{param1}}}]]
>
> 3) it's also possible that there were more complex logic in a template using
> {{#if: }}, {{#ifeq: }} and so one.
>
> It seems hard to fix the text that is according to property.

Does access to the internal 'parse tree', provided by
Special:ExpandTemplates [1], help to address this issue? (At least
helping to identify where the property is set, if how how to 'unset'
it in all cases).

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ExpandTemplates

I asked on WikiTech, but perhaps someone here knows, is the parse tree
available via the API when ExpandTemplates is installed?

Cheers,
Dan.