Hi Vladimir,

Thanks - responses below.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Vladimir Kostyukov <
vladimir.kostu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Yaron,
>
> Regarding yours questions.
>
> - Yes, I've added this feature only for "text with autocomplete" and for
> "combobox". The reason of it very simple: I didn't need this functionality
> for "textarea". Actually, It seems to me, that we can very easily add this
> feature to "textarea" input.

Okay. Yes - it does, indeed, seem like that would be easy to do.

> - You are right. It works only for single-value inputs now.

Okay. This is potentially a big problem, because it means that any input
that held multiple values would automatically get rejected - if the allowed
values were, say, "A", "B" and "C", and the user entered "A, B", the code
would compare that to the three allowed values, see that it wasn't equal to
any of them, and reject the value. Is there any way this can be fixed? It
would require some more Javascript hacking, but I think it would definitely
be worth it.

> - Yes. Field should be declared as "mandatory". I've decided to implement
> following case:
>
> {{{field|FieldName|input type=text with autocomplete|values from
> category=Category|*existing values only*|*mandatory*}}}
>
> Will be validated for "one-to-many".
>
> {{{field|FieldName|input type=text with autocomplete|values from
> category=Category|*mandatory*}}}
>
> Will be validated for "non-blank".
>
> {{{field|FieldName|input type=text with autocomplete|values from
> category=Category}}}
>
> Won't be validated.

Well, that seems strange - "mandatory" and "existing values only" are two
different restrictions, and either one could theoretically be used without
the other. Is there any way these could be separated?

Thanks,
Yaron