Hey Kim,

Great to see you make progress! :)

> would it be ok if i added the code ive written so far to gerrit? so you
guys can follow my progress line by line? that way you could probably help
me better if other issues arise.

Yes, it'd be fantastic if you could push your code to Gerrit - I'd be happy
to do some review. However, if the code is unstable or unfinished, as is
the case here, it cannot be pushed to master. So you should create your own
feature branch and then push to that using "git review
nameofyourfeaturebranch". I have not tried this myself, but according to
people on wikitech this should work :)

>>  SMWDataItem::TYPE_GEO        => 'smw_coords', // currently created only
if Semantic Maps are installed

> You could simply require SM as a prerequisite for your code (temporarily,
until SMW does the right thing by default), or you could create the same
table as SM.

I think this documentation is out of date. The table is registered in the
store like all others, so should always be created, even if SM is not
installed. So SM should not be a prerequisite for handling coordinate data,
it only holds DataValues, ValueDescriptions and ResultPrinters.

>  This thread is getting into the most comprehensive documentation of SMW
internals ever written ;-)

Yeah :D

Cheers

--