Ok, so i figured out how to create the necessary table.. however i'm unsure
of how i should set up a one to many mapping towards the sm_coords table..

as of now i have defined the following table:

self::$prop_tables['smw_polygon'] = new SMWSQLStore2Table(
'sm_polygon',
array( 'coordinate_id' => 'p'),
array( 'coordinate_id' )
);

where coordinate_id is supposed to refer to sm_coords table entries.
however, it seems that no other table here has this type of
structure/mapping. So i'm guessing this is the wrong way to go? I could
always just have all the data in a clob field instead, but this i'm
guessing isn't very optimal when taking semantic search into account.

So how should i create a one to many mapping on the database level as well
as on the logic level? or should polygons be stored in some other way?

Cheers.