Hi,

Stephan - you make a good point about being able to get a working SB for a
specific MediaWiki version. If you, or someone else, actually wanted an SB
version that worked with MediaWiki 1.16, I could probably get that by going
through all the tarballs for SB (they're all still available on the Google
Code site), looking through the version histories of all the extensions,
and matching up the dates. It would take some time, though.

As to creating new Semantic Bundles on the fly that match some criteria -
i.e., using some set of Git tags - that gets complicated by the fact that
not all of the extensions have consistent tagging. Some (like, I'm afraid
to say, Semantic Forms Inputs, don't have any tags) - there are the
automatic tags applied for MediaWiki versions, but those are not reliable
as far as guaranteeing either compatibility or stability of the code.

In general, ensuring the compatibility of Semantic Bundle is about the
level of difficulty one would expect for a package holding 22 extensions,
with varying levels of maintenance for each. Of course, some of these
extensions matter more than others - if, say, the Arrays extension doesn't
work, not that many people will notice. (No offense to Arrays users.) And
some extensions might be worth removing entirely - like Semantic Tasks, a
little-used extension that no longer seems to be maintained. Nevertheless,
trying to do anything sophisticated with the full set of extensions would
take a fair amount of work. On the other hand, having something simple,
like a link on the SB page to the best SB release for every MediaWiki
version, might not be that hard, and it could be quite helpful.

Mark - thanks for clarifying the LTS release thing. As for having releases
of MediaWiki and the Semantic Bundle together, it's an interesting idea,
though it probably belongs in a separate thread.

-Yaron