Hi,

If you follow the steps below non of your described issues are occurring:

* Install MW 1.22
* Rename composer-example.json to composer.json
* Add "mediawiki/semantic-mediawiki": "dev-master" and
"minimum-stability" : "dev" to the composer.json placed within the MW
directory (for more details see [1])
* Run composer install or composer update from the MW directory

That's all you have to do.

[1]
https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md#composer-installation

Cheers