Hey Lists,

If you are getting an error because git is not installed, we, that sucks. I
was under the impression Composer would be smart enough to get the code as
tarball in such a case. Though perhaps it normally is, and simply cannot do
this in your case, as you are likely specifying dev-master (which refers to
the master branch on git) to be installed.

Two things I suggest trying, that might get around this issue:

* add the --prefer-dist flag at the end of your Composer install command
when running it. This will get packages as tarballs when available.
* rather then using "dev-master" as version, use "*"

In any case, I highly suspect that this will not occur when specifying 1.9
once it has been released. You can try installing version 1.0 the
SubPageList extension [0] and see if you run into the same issue or not.

[0] https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-SubPageList

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw