On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 04:33:35PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> Where do we want apr-serf to go?  Incubator or Commons?
> It would be nice to set an example, since we already
> know we don't really want serf to stay in APR (or do we?).

[I have yet to catch up on the massive amount of email on the reorg@
list, so take this with a grain of salt.]

- If one were to take a functional view of serf, it seems natural to
  put it in a library along with other http-centric utilities.

- From the perspective of a new project it seems like it would belong
  in the Incubator.

- OTOH, if we are going for code reusability (not that serf has any
  reusable code) then Commons seems the natural fit. Then again, the
  same argument could be made for APR itself.

So basicly it still comes down to subjective approval. Until we can
get some objective guidelines in place, I vote we keep it in APR.

-aaron