Edward,

That would be great.  We've had a number of developers "threaten" ;-) to
work on IMAP, but no one has really stepped up to it other than DdB.

AFAIK, the big problem is the lack of an adequate message store for the
hierarchy.  I am starting to work on JNDI/LDAP stuff.  I will bring it
on-line as soon as I have something worth showing.  Meanwhile, the IMAP2
proposal uses an in-memory store.

Best thing would be to get in touch with Darrel and/or review the two code
bases.

        --- Noel