Whilst we are on the subject of the processors and processing mail...
This is a bit of a rant, but I do eventually get to the point.

I notice that quite a few people have used the idea of a spam catching
matcher/mailet combination.
This made me think about where and when to catch spam.
All the examples people have used are on a site/system wide basis.
This is not always desirable. One persons email (I like ZDNet) is my
according to my colleague, spam, as he hates ZDNet, and regards
everything they send as unwanted. (Not that ZDNet spam people, its just
an example)
How does the system know the difference? What right has the mail server
to choose.
Virus scanning is easier. The site scans incoming emails for virii -
this is NOT negotiable.
Spam is always personal.
Therefore I think that users should have a processing pipeline as well.
When LocalDelivery runs it should not just blindly deliver the mail, it
should execute the user's mail pipeline as well.

Just my $2 worth :)

-- Jason