On Wednesday 22 December 2004 13:50, Danny Angus wrote:

> Soren,
> Derby would be embedded in James, it would not be visible to users at all,
> and require no additional admin or configuration.
> The messages would not be visible in the filesystem, but that would be the
> only drawback.

Okay, sounds a little better.

Still I must say I prefer the file repositories, it is a lot easier to support
a mailserver when you can read the mails currently in process directly from
the filesystem.
This is AFAIK also the approach serious mailservers like Postfix does things.

If we go for an all DB solution. We need better tools to show the repositories
and messages within them.

I can see the problems about destroying/renaming repositories, because those
operations are not supported by CornerStone.

Could it be a compromise that we require DB repositories only when IMAP is
used, and thereby allowing existing setups to continue with file/filedb
repositories?

--Søren

> d.

> The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
> addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible
> for delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us
> immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer. You
> may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other
> person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption Student
> Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for changes made
> to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate
> to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining
> written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the
> sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your
> responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed
> in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and
> views of The Student Loans Company Limited.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the
> presence of computer viruses.

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager             Phone:  +45 72 30 64 00
TietoEnator IT+ A/S     Fax:    +45 72 30 64 02
Ved Lunden 12           Direct: +45 72 30 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj          Email:  soren.hilmer <at> tietoenator.com