BTW IMAP4v1 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2060.txt is a complex protocol.
Implementing IMAP on James may sound glamorous but it is *very* complicated.
I'm not trying to put people off, just to make sure you make an informed
choice.

You may note from the proposals directory that Darrell has provided a
complete IMAP stack that works, so there is no protocol work to do.
However you do need to be aware of the protocol so you understand what the
stack is telling you.

What we need to do now is marry it up with the main James code.

-- Jason