> Ok, my view is that we should release a firts and last alpha
> now and start the beta cycle :-)

I agree, but I don't think we should stop and wait for a release. We should
just move forward as much as possible and when someone with rights/knowledge
to do the release (probably Noel in mid october) will have time we'll decide
wether to try to do an alpha from the trunk or from a previous snapshot or
anything else with a vote.

I'm evaluating loom for my own production environment as current trunk is
compatible with loom and I think loom is better than phoenix but we probably
should stick to phoenix because of different spaces handling in config.xml
(my idea was a little different but I saw the first reaction and I changed
my mind).

IMHO the container is not part of our application (James) and james should
run fine in each container using the pros and cons of each container. People
that need functional classloaders will need to use loom. People that need to
do hot deploy/undeploy of applications will use loom.

Stefano