interesting aspect to have a RPC-mailet. maybe this could be done with a more generic approach: a mailet which takes as configuration parameters a. a jar (hessian.jar, activemq.jar, whatever is neccessary) which it loads on its own
and
b. a class contained within the jar which is instantiated by the mailet

this class has all the logic to send the mail from the mailet to the remote service.

plusses:
there would be no explicit dependency on build time.
it would be open to any service.

...but maybe this is just over-engeneering ;-)

  Bernd