Bernd Fondermann wrote:
Having no real project experience with maven2 I'm nevertheless impressed how highly modularized projects using maven2 build & test.

The Postage build is tightly dependend on James, since the code is dependend on a few parts of James. It includes james-2.3-dev.jar (or another version of it) and a few other jars from <JAMES>/lib. So this is a situation where one project depends on the artefacts of another project which I'd expect to be much easier to handle using maven2.

We should probably split james in many modules, so you can add only small part of James as dependency for postage.

You could also have postage splitted in 2 modules: the main module not depending on James and the secondary module that contains the james integration.

Btw I think that we should proceed by steps.

Also Maven2 has its own problems, mostly related to the shared repositories and we'll probably hit that problems one day, but I think the features we get from m2 worth this problems.

Stefano