Bernd Fondermann wrote:
I'd like to get familiar with the automatic build process. On which
machine is it, and what script is running that? At first I thought it
must be minotaur/people, but did not find it.

Thanks,

 Bernd

Hi Bernd,

The only automatic thing ASF give us is GUMP. Under the gump folder in svn you can try to find more informations and you can also find the descriptor used to build james there. Unfortunately I don't know much more about this but this page that I keep monitored:
http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/james-server/james-server/index.html

This mail, instead, come from a Noel server. This is not something that ASF give to us.

I also have a CI based on continuum where I build all of the james products using maven2. It is still experimental but I plan to give more visibility to other developers in future. Last time I worked on it I was trying to automatically produce our full website but including much more developers reports (like clover) and all the latest trunk instead of stable releases (that instead should be published on the official site). This does not work very well because of a bug in a maven plugin (I think) but I had no time to work more on this and I'm already happy with the automatic builds it give me now.

Stefano