I would not neccessarily suggest to change a running
system. Mail infra is very critical to the ASF!

What's more James is better suited to complex processing than to
handling very large volumes. FWIW I heard that a few years ago Apache
sent 1,000,000+ mails per day.
James would need to be optimised to manage that volume effectively.

To those people who say that James isn't good enough for Apache to use
I say that that is because James is a tool for solving a *different*
problem.

d.