On Thursday 03 May 2007 23:13, Steve Brewin wrote:
<snipped>
> > No, actually I did not believe I was :-)
>
> As I received this several time I guess you really must believe this :-)

Sorry, about that my webmail acted up upon me :-(

> In truth, while the JCA spec. is somewhat opaque, implementations are not
> so hard. Its best learnt by looking at working example source code.

Yeah, I have done one previously, and I believe that API is heavily
over-engineered. But depending on what you try to implement, can often cut
some  corners, like only supporting MappedRecords for instance.
I did not have the luxury of looking into existing adapters, guess I could not
find any OSS ones (it was back in 2002-2003).

> As I've said before, this would be an excellent starting point for exposing
> James to the J2EE environment. Perhaps a summer of code '08 project could
> address exposing a small but useful set of James interfaces via a JCA such
> as mail injection and mailbox retrieval?

Good idea!

> While this is orthagonal to the question of how we might 'uplift' the
> technology on which we build James, it would enable tighter integration. It
> would make James attractive as a email integration point in the SOA world.

Agreed.

--Søren

> Cheers
>
> -- Steve

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc., M.Crypt.
wideTrail                       Phone:  +45 25481225
Pilevænget 41           Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DK-8961  Allingåbro     Web:    www.widetrail.dk