On 5/3/07, Stefano Bagnara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Danny Angus ha scritto:
>> I would not neccessarily suggest to change a running
>> system. Mail infra is very critical to the ASF!
>
> What's more James is better suited to complex processing than to
> handling very large volumes. FWIW I heard that a few years ago Apache
> sent 1,000,000+ mails per day.
> James would need to be optimised to manage that volume effectively.

I send around 50000 mails per hour using JAMES Server (arithmetically
1.2M per day ;-) ) on a very cheap server on a 1 mbps limited internet
connection. I had to tune some parameter and I currently use a custom
RemoteDelivery service, but for performance concerns it is not so
different from the official RemoteDelivery (I had to reduce the number
of attempts, and to avoid cycling over each multihomed address for an
MX: I simply cycle over the first 4 mx servers, 1 IN A address for each MX)

In my specific case mails are generated by JAMES and not relayed mails.
I receive not more than 1000 mails per hour on that server.

Stefano

wow!

Bernd