On 9/21/07, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> > Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> > >
> > > What are "non-streaming inputs"? If you are referring to java.nio: The
> > > patch I am developing (keep in mind: This patch is *not* the issue in
> > MIME4J-30) was developed specifically with java.nio in mind. However, my
> > > patch is not even proposed. Why do we discuss it *before* I post my
> > > proposal?
> >
> > because if no one but me cares then there's little point in me
> > obstructing your patches for what are design reasons
>
> Let's have some technical discussion, please.  I'm not sure that I've seen
> enough to understand the dispute.

it's really about objectives and aims rather than technical designs

i wonder whether it's worthwhile having what's probably going to be a
long technical discussion about a design for a unified parser for both
streams and non-streams. if no one else really feels strongly about
non-streaming implementations then it's probably best for me to drop
this goal, revert the changes i've made to allow support for efficient
non-streaming and let jochen optimize mime4j just for streams.

- robert