See http://felix.apache.org/site/ipojo.html

> our COP isn't strong enough yet (see modularisation thread.)
> IMO need to factor down 3.0 into a finely grained soup then fix and
aggregate

It works well enough for JAMES to build as a server, since JAMES has been
built on a component model since the initial Avalon version.

We've already lost 2007.  We need to focus on what JAMES needs as a mail
server.  That means refocusing on the important key areas: message store,
mail store, spooler, mailet pipeline, and protocol handlerss (yes, including
IMAP).

        --- Noel