Valentina Medici ha scritto:
> Hi Stefano and hi all!
>
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>
>> things wrong and there is nothing to do to fix it. But IMHO, before
>> implementing any "workaround" to compensate for other developers errors
>> we have to understand what application is creating similar messages
>> and why.
>
> I must admit that I personally like your're optimistic point of view for
> a better world, anyway in real (production) world it's not always
> possible to do as you suggest.
>

>> I'm still interested in understanding the source of that kind of message.
>> Maybe the full headers can say something about what code produced it and
>> what IP produced it. Can you post them?
>
> Our application is a web application that receives xml messages
> containing a MIME base64 encoded element. There are several external
> producers (and so several problems in decoding ;)). As already stated we
> must be able to accept (that is, to decode) as many messages as possible.
>
> Having said this, I don't think our headers can be of any use to you,
> anyway some example follows.

Instead they are usefull! This show that the "problematic" application
is "Abderaware" (it is used in the multipart boundary).

http://www.google.com/search?q=Abderaware

Abderaware produced in past a .NET component for dealing with MIME.

Unfortunately http://www.abderaware.com/ doesn't exists anymore (no
wonder ;-) ) and now it is a parked domain. From few more searches it
seems that the component was around in 2002.

It seems the library was named Mail.NET and one of its components is
MIME.net. I made a few searches but I can't find up-to-date info or a
new home/name for the library.

I also find interesting the "Content-Type: type/subtype" stuff.. It
really smell.

This issue is in the same group as:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MIME4J-58

We should find a way to add similar workarounds to mime4j "optionally"
because most of them degrades performace.

Can you file a JIRA with your patch and description of the issue?

Thank you,
Stefano