Hi Tim,

I think (not sure) the **/openjpa packages have been defined to place all classes that use "specific/proprietary" functions of openjpa. If that we introduce "specific/proprietary" annotations such as @Index a bit everywhere, the above logic does not make much sense anymore.

For example, the org.apache.james.imap.jpa.mail.model.openjpa contains classes that support streaming to DB blobs with help of org.apache.openjpa.persistence.Persistent annotation. I proposed to rename the package to org.apache.james.imap.jpa.mail.model.streaming to indicate that it goes on stuff that support streaming. If we have another function such as let's say "veryfast" (stupid example), we would create org.apache.james.imap.jpa.mail.model.veryfast. Now, if we have a "veryfast streaming" function, we are a bit in the problem. So it my proposal may not make much sens anymore an we may simply leave it as such. But I remain with the (very little) problem that classes not in the openjpa package contain openjpa proprietary extensions.

Well, I'm sure those 2 weeks holiday will make things clearer in my head (I will drink a pastis at your health in South of France :).

Bye,

Eric