On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Eric Charles <e...@apache.org> wrote:
> Yes, I just realized after clicking on "send" that I didn't ask your
> agreement to be published on server-dev. Sorry for this... but "error in
> public" is not uncommon here...
>
> MAILBOX-45 is more framework definition and implementation involving study
> of the different nosql store to define something usage by all. You can being
> light and let it evolve.
>
> MAILBOX-44 is more direct code dealing with hadoop difficulties but with
> potentially a working distributed mailbox at thee end (and also potentially
> a non operational implementation at the end).

Though most mailboxes integrate them, there are two distinct aspects
to mail storage. the email content should really be conceptually
immutable, with mailbox and flag meta-data layered on top. I suspect
that the simplest workable solution for MAILBOX-44 (or MAILBOX-45)
would just separate RESTful content storage in Hadoop (or other NoSQL
store) from meta-data retained in an existing data store. This should
be relatively quick and easy to code.

So, hopefully, I think that we should be able to have useful, running
code early with either MAILBOX-44 or MAILBOX-45.

Robert