> (we're so mailing-list-centric here at Apache that we often tend to
> forget that our way might not be so clear to others)

I have noticed that, along with the high volume of the list :).

I have decided to apply for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAILBOX-44.
All I have to do now is write my application. I also applyed for a
GSoC project on Debian, about packaging jigsaw - modular java (java 8
is targeted) but I think this project is more suited for me because I
am interested in becoming a java developer.
Besides that, if I will get selected to work on this project I will
get to be familiar with the Apache community and maybe more Apache
software will find it's way into Debian. I noticed james is not in
Debian..yet :D.

I will work on my application.

>> I joined the list.
>
> Welcome :-)