Hi Felix,

Thx for launching the discussion and implementing in a sandbox :)

I feel your focus is the maven-skin. Right?

I am also concerned with the way we handle the version dependencies. Example: For now, each of the project (imap, mailbox...) has freedom to define the derby version. This sometimes can give issues, as projects are implemented/tested against a specific version, and this can give issues. So, Should parent impose the version, or should we leave freedom to subprojects to do so?

Also, the transitive dependencies are sometimes/often declared around (example, if a project uses mailbox-jpa, it still declares openjpa altough openjpa is a transitive dependency of mailbox-jpa). For example, I'm puzzled to need to exclude jruby in all projects. If we rely on the transitive resolution, we only have to exclude once. This point is not directly related to the parent structure, but more linked to a 'transitive dependency' discussion. But I feel it's also linked to the pom hierarchy in a way...

I don't bring answers but questions here...

Thx,
Eric