2011/10/12 Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>:
>> One more ...
>>
>> Can or should we find a more consistent naming for the produced artifacts?
>> Look the prefixes at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/james/
>> - apache-james
>> - apache
>> - james
>> - maven
>> - none
>
> Very good point Felix, I agree that we should adopt a constant naming
> convention.
>
> I think we can skip Apache from the artifact name, because they apear
> in the group ID. We can keep the name in the parts intended for users
> (site, documentation, etc.). I will probably have time for this and
> pom in refactoring the weekend.

I just want to point out that in past we added some "apache-" prefix
around in order to have better trademark protection from ASF (apache
is a trademark, james, mime4j, imap are not trademarks).

After years I still don't have a good understanding about this stuff,
so maybe you want to read some documents from the asf website or wait
some comment from Robert before taking any step.