From: btell...@apache.org <btell...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 5:18
To: server-dev@james.apache.org
Subject: End of support for Apache James 2.3.2 ?

Hello,

Following recent discussions on gitter, issues are reported on Apache James
version 2.3.2.

This version is not under active development (released in 2013 with a security
fix in 2015 version 2.3.2.1).

No active development had been undertook recently.

The source code is not available on Git / Github.

I fear no real active committer is able to fix issues on it.

It uses Avalon Phoenix retired in 2004 (yes...).

For archeologists, sources can be found at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/2_3_2_1/

As such I propose to:

 - Make it clear with a formal vote we can refer to that the Apache James PMC
no longer supports Apache James vers 2.x.
 - Archive related downloads
 - Remove references from the website
 - Write a little email to the Apache announce mailing list, general@james,
server-user@james.