Hi Iwasa,

I've been able to reproduce the issue you described and I think I fixed it. Let's hope this was the last place locking that file!

Let me know if you are able to build the current branch from here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/branches/v2.3/
or if you prefer me to make a build for you to test.

Stefano

Iwasa Kazmi wrote:
Thank you Noel,
I've tried 2.3.0-dev on Windows XP.

In my environment, the problem appears if the recipients have
both of local account and non-local account.

I sent a message to a local user, and no files were left
in the spool.
Next I sent a message to an account of the external server,
and the spool was still clean.
Next I sent a message to both of above accounts.
FileStreamStore file was left in the spool.

I'm using Redirect mailet to deliver copy of the outgoing/incoming
messages to local users.
In such case too, FileStreamStore file seems not to be deleted.

Regards,
Iwasa Kazmi

Noel J. Bergman:
I would strongly suspect that this is a Windows issue.

Yes, the file was still open, and *nix allows deleting the open file whereas
MS-Windows does not.

We believe that this issue is now fixed.

I've uploaded a build to http://people.apache.org/~noel/james for people to test in their environment. The build includes all cumulative fixes to date.

    --- Noel