Wow, that worked a treat!!

Now, I know I might be asking too much, but... is it possible somehow to allow a special user to approve the subscription? I don't care that much but I wouldn't like for everybody to subscribe to my mailing lists.

Giulio
----- Original Message ----- From: "Noel J. Bergman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "James Users List" <server-user@james.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 3:09 PM
Subject: RE: Mailing list with James

Giulio Troccoli wrote:

I would like to create a mailing list using James (2.2.0), but it is a bit
different for the usual one.

- people can subscribe and unsubscribe, but they cannot send emails to the
  mailing list
- one one user on my server, e.g. events_manager, can send emails to the
  mailing list

You will need to upgrade to JAMES 2.3, but then you can add:

 <specifiedpostersonly>true</specifiedpostersonly>
 <allowedposters>
   <address>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</address>
 </allowedposters>

to your CommandListservProcessor configuration.

--- Noel