1. I'm trying to use MySQL as the db for James 2.3.1. From the instructions
at
http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.1/using_database.html

 I've changed config.xml at this point:

      <data-source name="maildb"
class="org.apache.james.util.dbcp.JdbcDataSource">
         <driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver>
         <dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jamesemail</dburl>
         <user>myuser</user>
         <password>mypassword</password>
         <poolPreparedStatements>true</poolPreparedStatements>
         <max>20</max>
      </data-source>

I have also tried
<dburl>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</dburl>

After restarting James, I expected tables to be created in the jamesemail
database. Neither of these has caused the tables to be created in my
jamesemail database. What is wrong?

2. My other questions is where should these be placed in config.xml?
Anywhere not contained by other tags?

<spoolRepository>
   <repository destinationURL="dbfile://maildb/spool/spool" type="SPOOL"/>
</spoolRepository>
<inboxRepository>
   <repository destinationURL="db://maildb/inbox/" type="MAIL"/>
</inboxRepository>