On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Athar Shiraz Siddiqui
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I totally agree. Great idea Fondermann (only a German could have
> thought of this innovative application)
>
> We should have some "net flix bounty" kind of fund where we give the
> highest prize to the team that comes up with a certain feature set.
>
> We should each contribute to a fund called the "Feature X Lottery"
> with a deadline on "fund collection closing date" (the higher the fund
> the greater the demand for the feature). We should store all paypaled
> money into an online savings account and then have teams go at the
> feature.
>
> Then we should appoint judges who evaluate the best team submissions.
> And award the prize to the winning team.
>
> What do you think?

Just to clarify: Apache's mission is to provide software for the
general public free of charge.
We won't have something like a fund for implementing features here.
And I doubt this would yield the best results. It would only push the
work yielding the most money.

Nevertheless, some Apache committers are paid for working on their
open source projects. At James, as far as I know, no committer is paid
for it.

  Bernd