Stefano Bagnara schrieb:
Did you get thousands of unathorized "relay" like in June?
It was similar. The spammer managed to deliver about 100.000 mails, of which 60.000 were forwarded and 40.000 left in the spool because of the recipients mail server not accepting the mail for some reason.

Did they originated from a single IP? Did it successfully sent ALL mails
or first started with some failure? Does it connect with multiple
connections or a single connection?
All mails originated from the same IP, there were no errors to start with (as I experienced in June) and the mails were sent using different SMTP connections. I think without exception, the client connected, sent one message to 20 different recipients, disconnected and repeated this procedure about 5000 times with some breaks over a period of 24 hours.

Tor