On 03/11/13 16:05, Robin Bankhead wrote:
Quoting Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>:

If you don't want to enforce ssl/tls, don't use the startTls/sslEnable
tag. Btw, I suspect bad bugs there.

Err, do you mean bad bugs when enforcing, or when not? (Or just with
impl of SSL/TLS generally?)

Simply not working in general, at least I need to double check.

Seems OK here when the gateway demands STARTTLS (not SSL) and I don't
demand anything.  I think that covers all the gateways I'll be using.

So SSL is not working?

Take care if you don't use /%user/%domain and experiment...

Seems OK so far.  Are you thinking concurrency issues, parts of the code
expecting this format (in which case why make it configurable?), or
something else?

Nothing about concurrency, but more about the virtual hosting working.
the %domain is needed for this.

I guess my nomenclature was bad with my subject line.  It's not really
vhosting in the James sense at all, as effectively there would just be
one domain in use (and it's no problem to use the variable in the
.properties if it's needed, although it didn't appear to be for me).

The fetchmail conf can deliver mail for all upstream domains/users into
one mailbox, but it would be desirable if it could filter it into
certain subfolders.  Leaving the user issue aside, that's something also
required for certain other types of incoming filtering (spam and other
things).

So you want to fetchmail and deliver in a kind of "mailet way" (intelligent processing) ?

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822#section-3.2.4

'+' is a valid character for username.
SMTP servers can indeed assign proprietary meaning.
You can achieve this in James with a Regex Matcher.

OK, but without a suitable mailet for the filing, it looks like I'm
still stuffed.

I'm a bit lost atm in JIRA trying to work out where
sieve/jsieve/sieve-mailet is broken.  Can anyone shed light on this?
I'd like to look at it myself if I can, as it's seemingly down to that
or writing my own mailet from scratch.

Give me a few days, I will try to clean this up.

Robin Bankhead