*Disclaimer:* I am also new to James (fixing issues after frustrating days
of research), so my answers may be wrong too.

JMX is management API (not really monitoring API) but being used heavily in
monitoring applications. My understanding so far is, James using this api
while creating accounts etc., (I think same API is being executed while
calling -adduser from jame-cli.bat). This is my guess.

Were you able to adduser from james-cli.bat? Where is your client & server?

Thank you,
Giri