Hi Jerry,

you can find the version 3 beta 5 (wich fixes A LOT of bugs from b4) in the snapshots repository:

http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/james/james-server-app/3.0.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT/james-server-app-3.0.0-beta5-20140225.070129-369-app.zip

Please, could you test with this new version and tell us back if it worked for you?