Von: David Legg [mailto:david.l...@searchevent.co.uk]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 22. März 2015 14:29
An: James Users List
Betreff: Fighting 'no body' spam

Hi,

It has been a few years since I last wrote to the list.  Our James 2.3
installation has been happily running all that time with no problems.

Recently however we are being plagued by a particular variety of spam that the
Bayesian filter just can't handle; 'no-body' spam.  This variety has seemingly
random 'from' addresses (but usually with valid domains).  They all seem to
come from different IP addresses which suggests a bot-net and therefore can't
be blocked by the firewall.  But the other distinguishing feature is their
complete lack of any subject or body.  This is what makes it so difficult for
the filter to latch onto.

A typical email looks as follows: -